Shift Operative Leader - Alba Plant
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The position reports to the UGP Manager and supports the execution of the production, coordinating the line team in operational activities and ensuring the presence of production factors on the shift.
MANAGEMENT OF THE PRODUCTION FACTORS
- Ensures the optimization of the production factors (material, method, labor force and machineries) providing all necessary information to UGP Manager regarding the utilization and management during the shifts
- He is responsible within his shift for all production phases of his area of competence (Preparation, Moulding, Packaging)
- Supports the activities of management of the inventory
- Applies all defined criteria for the resources allocation on the lines
- Is consulted by the UGP Manager in the resources allocation on the lines (medium term) for the development of the skills
- Applies all defined criteria for the resources management on the lines (changes, break substitutions,…)
- Grants vacation to line resources in accordance with the planning agreed with the UGP Manager
- Supports the UGP Manager in drafting the “merit plan” of the workers
- Provides feed-back to the HR for the personnel confirmation and contribute to the line resources evaluation
- Supports the UGP Manager in the reduction of the absences of the co-workers of his UGP
- Requests the intervention of the maintenance in the case of breakdown and repair service; in the cases of urgency he requests the intervention of the Utilities Maintenance
- Requests the intervention of the maintenance in the case of breakdown and repair service; in the cases of urgency he requests the intervention of the Facilities Maintenance
- Verifies the maintenance interventions are performed in the scheduled time and according to hygiene and safety standards
- Supports in the development of improvement initiatives.
- Identifies and propose areas of improvement for the activities falling within his competence.
- Is consulted by the UGP Manager before the realization of the improvement intitiatives
- Supervises that the code variation activities are carried out correctly
- Is responsible for the interruption or slow down in production of the lines on the basis of the information deriving from the operators.
- Is responsible for the preparation and start-up of the lines of his area of competence
- Updates the book of the lines falling within his area of competence, on the basis of the information provided by the operators and manage the change of shift.
- Supports the handover between the workers at shift change
FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
- Respects and instill the standards of hygiene and safety.
- Ensures the cleaning and the sanitisation of the areas within his area of competence.
- Is responsible for the observance of HACCP directives within his area of competence
- Supports the UGP Mgr in the supervision of the common spaces within the UGP.
SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
- Guarantees that all hygiene and safety standards on the lines are respected through information, training on safety issues in the workplace
Who we are looking for:
- Master's degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, management engineering, chemical engineering;
- Fluent English;
- Availability to international mobility and to work on shifts;
- At least two years of work experience in production area are considered a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.