Senior Trade Marketing Manager - Kinder
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Senior Trade Marketing Manager, Kinder will be responsible for the in-store activity strategy to execute the brand strategy at retail. This includes developing and cascading the Go to Market plan detailing the execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP). This position owns the in-store activity calendar for the brand, and the DSMP and Financial KPI attainment for assigned brands/segments. This position will support and provide thought leadership among key cross-functional internal relationships, including Category Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, Demand Planning, and Sales Account Teams. The position will be based in our Parsippany, N.J. office, and report to the VP of Trade Marketing.
- Develop Go to Market sales initiatives including Trade strategy, DSMP guiderails and KPIs for Pralines portfolio (everyday + seasonal) aligned by COT trends and objectives
- Identify/Develop channel and strategic customer opportunities guided by pack/price architecture framework to deliver DSMP strategies; with focus on Dollar/Club/eComm
- Partner with customer teams and Marketing to develop actionable plans to drive premium chocolate advocacy across all key channel/customers
- Ensure proper state of readiness is achieved for Best in Class innovation launches
- Monitor competitive activity to ensure external factors are incorporated into business plans
- Monitor customer team performance and engage with teams as necessary to ensure KPI attainment
- Review post promotional assessments and identify opportunities to improve Trade Promo ROI
- Ensure clear lines of communication between Trade Marketing, Brand Marketing and Customer Teams
- Coach and develop direct reports, ensuring delivery of performance feedback and align on development plan
- Responsible for a team of 3 direct reports
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business – MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, across N. America in a CPG setting, with extensive sales experience
- Multi-channel CPG experience including: C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Comm & EU Discounters
- Significant experience of Brand / Trade / Customer Marketing, supporting delivery of effective JBP’s
- Inspirational leadership and man-management style that promotes teamwork and nurtures top talent
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the Group & Regional vision / strategy
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at the most Senior levels
- Commercially astute with strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including the knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.