Senior Commercial & Sales Planning Manager
Job Location: Hong Kong
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Supporting the Hong Kong and Taiwan Commerical team, the Senior Commercial & Sales Planning Manager will drive the commercial development & Sales Operation Planning in the HKTW Cluster, to review consolidated sales forecast independently, provide key highlight and justification to facilitate internal review and alignment before order placement, and in turn to improve product freshness & minimize product return.
The incumbent also needs to align and coordinate with local key stakeholders (Head of Sales, Supply Chain & Controlling) on overall Budget Process Management & ROI analysis in a timely manner, and to provide key monthly update and risk & opportunity to Head of Sales on overall Trade Spending maneuver.
Coordination in Process Improvement and the Execution on Compliance enhancement projects among key Commercial members in HKTW are also expected.
The core role functions will encompass:
- Leading Sales Operations development (Trade Spend optimization, Sales forecasting, performance monitoring & Business Intelligence reporting) in HKTW
- Developing Distributor Management process in HKTW with clear KPI & incentive scheme that align with regional guideline
- Standardize tools for resources review, monitoring and control in HKTW
- Parallel import products monitoring and reporting in HK, Trade Route Report Mgt with SBD in Headquarter
- Drive Sales Forecasting and S&OP sales process for the Sales function
- Monitor and validate the rolling forecast, comparing also with historical data & market trend
- Share possible plan adjustment with Sales team
- Validate the final Forecast version with executive summary to Head of Sales, Head of Trade Marketing and Supply Chain Manager
- Highlight any risks and if needed, escalate to Cluster Manager for final decision taking
- Monitors continuously the market situation in order to ensure products availability, products freshness and avoid products stock-out.
Budget / SAF / Scenario Mgt
- Define, together with Sales and Trade Marketing, the volume plan to be proposed for the P&L creation, and according to the Budget direction and category focus
- Book-keep volume evolution – category / channel / stream / market
- Integrate Account plans, provide and support Head of Sales on Executive topline summary preparation in total market & Cluster level
- Identifies promptly irregular trends, works on scenario plans, and suggests remediation actions together with Sales and Supply Chain teams
Sales Operations Development, planning and reporting
- Track and report relevant sales performance metrics for Clusters (Qli, NS, TS)
- Coordinate and align between Head of Sales and Controlling for monthly reporting, including YTD performance, YTG with R&O (Qli, NS, TS)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on Trade Spend position each month, monitor progress of Revenue Management (Gross to Net) and to improve usage efficiency with the co-effort of Sales Head
- Collect and analyze information across the Cluster on markets and competition, develop reports and propose action to improve Ferrero positioning and/or management of specific performance issues.
- Develop BI analytical and reporting functionality to support commercial decision making
- In co-ordination with SBD & Sales Head, develop a local distributor management system in coherent to Group Distributor Policy
- Monitor and assess commercial guidelines, contracts, terms & performance of distributors.
- Monitor and Assess existing distributors with Head of Sales-HK/TW in order to improve Distributor effectiveness and efficiency.
Resources management and Consensus Meeting on behalf of HKTW Commercial Team
- Dissect and review resources across brands (Pralines, Kinder, Nutella, Kelsen), cost centres (ATL, BTL), among streams & channel (Retail-Hyper, Super, Convenience Stores, GT / Trading), and between HK/TW to optimize resources usages
- Fully leveraging on Core, streamlining on low-yield areas to synergize resources
- Consensus meeting – lead and coordinate on problem solving meetings on behalf of HKTW Commercial Team
Who we are looking for:
• Strong academic qualifications
• Minimum 10 years of experience is required
• Strong Analytical ability and cognitive thought
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Must be agile and capable of adapting / multi-tasking in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
• Fluency in English is a must
• Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin are preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.