Sales Training Manger
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Sales Training Manager is responsible for developing the Ferrero US Sales training curriculum and learning platform for building and improving capabilities and competencies. The position will design a comprehensive training plan with a primary objective of enhancing sales capabilities by leveraging the tools within Ferrero while partnering with the Talent Management Team and the Ferrero Sales Academy. It will also focus on incorporating the corporate values of Ferrero into the fundamentals of the training platform. This position will collaborate with the Sales organization to conduct skills assessments and gap analysis to determine the breadth of training required. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and report to the VP of Sales Business Operations and the Talent Manager.
- Develop short/long term training platform and learning plan for the US Sales organization collaborating with our local Talent Management team & the Ferrero Sales Academy in Luxembourg
- Conduct overall Sales capabilities and competencies gap analysis to determine required training plans, essential tools for enhancing skill sets, and specific areas of focus
- Develop US centric training curriculum focused on strengthening strategic selling principles, art of negotiation, storytelling, JBP, and managing 3rd party Sales agencies
- Prepare learning materials for the US program and conduct post-training evaluation to verify effectiveness of tools developed for continuous improvement
- Lead training sessions with Sales Organization as fully engaged training facilitator, educator, and leader
- Develop improved process for business communication with our retail partners and influencing all internal functions
- Partner with HR Business Partner to create differentiated training plans based on competency level to retain talent within the Organization
- Collaborate with Sales leadership, HR Business Partner, and Talent Management to solve for any competency or capability gaps within the organization
- Co-lead the creation of a centralized online portal of all customized training programs for the US Sales team with IT and HR Business Partner teams
- Manage the on-boarding and new hire orientation for all Sales associates as part of their immersion into Ferrero USA
- Operate as training lead for new business integration (M&A) in terms of business process and enabling best practices for organization in terms of change management
- Own and manage the responsibilities of the Ferrero USA National Sales Meeting with budget of $1.5M
- Assist HR Business Partner with identification of sales capabilities and skill set requirements for new positions and open role profiles
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline required; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Trainer or leading organizational change management
- Ability to manage and develop the full training curriculum, including in-person activities and web-based learning
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and presentation capabilities
- Strong critical thinking skills and solutions development
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge of project management practices and procedures
- Detail oriented with a highly strategic mindset for developing training vision and long-term learning plans
- Ability to generate positive relationships and foster a collaborative environment with cross functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures.
- Communication skills – advanced writing and communication skills
- Strong and highly effective project management skills
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.