Responsible Marketing Manager
Job Location: Brussels
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Ferrero Group is looking for a “Responsible Marketing Manager” to join its newly created Group Public Policy Center (GPPC) in Brussels. The GPPC is part of the “Institutional Affairs and Corporate Communication” Department of the Ferrero Group. The successful candidate will focus their activities in all issues related to responsible marketing that are relevant for the Group: responsible marketing to children, diversity and inclusion, sustainability claims, data protection, etc. The candidate must be self-motivated, proactive and capable of working on their own initiative. The candidate will directly report to the Direction of the Group Public Policy Center.
- Be the contact person (internally and externally) for all topics in the area of F&B advertising regulations and self-regulation and responsible marketing in the broaden sense (strong focus on responsible marketing to children). This include supporting the Group in developing positions and advocacy strategies.
- Follow and influence EU and global developments (legislative and voluntary) related to responsible marketing and represent Group’s positions in all relevant Industry Associations (e.g. World Federation of Advertisers, International Food and Beverages Alliance, TIE, etc.)
- Support all Ferrero Business Units globally in ensuring compliance with the Group responsible marketing commitments. This includes creating and delivering internal guidelines and trainings.
- Develop and maintain a network of relevant contacts and establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers within EU institutions and other actors of the Food & Beverages Industry.
Who we are looking for:
The role requires a wide range of skills from information gathering, analysis and dissemination - to internal and external stakeholders. Interpretation of relevant initiatives and understanding the main impact for the Ferrero Group is paramount, along with solid communication skills. The candidate must:
- Hold a University master degree and at least 6-8 years of relevant working experience in the food industry, EU affairs and/or marketing field. Knowledge of advertising self-regulation and/or experience in marketing would be highly appreciated.
- Be passionate about responsible marketing, purpose driven brands and at ease with providing short- and long-term strategic advice on marketing communications, campaigns and all Group’s initiatives related to marketing.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, precise, organized and with a strong attention to details
- Have strong project management skills
- Be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of international stakeholders and interact at different level of the organization.
- Have excellent interpersonal as well as team player skills
- Excellent English. Fluency in other European languages
- Skilled in MS Office
- Be willing to travel as required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.