Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Act as the main point of reference for technical know-how for new investment projects within the plant including facilities and utilities; providing the necessary technical support to the RDM and communicating to Ferrero’s Area Engineering the improvement opportunities and issues –innovation and new technology
- Contribute to the design and innovation know-how of the plants
- Evaluate technical requests from the plants and propose solutions
- Verify the correct application of engineering principles and of the technical specifications of new and existing equipment
- Collaborate in definition and execution of new investment projects
- Collect and upload all data necessary for the project’s management systems
- Support RDM for investment projects management
- Update the stakeholders, about projects status, on a regularly basis
- Ensure the respect of project’s time and cost
- Provide feedback to Ferrero Engineering Area and Central concerning operational aspects of new machinery and equipment
- Escalate to Ferrero Engineering Central in case of complex issues
- Promote the sharing of the technical knowledge/experiences among US plants
Plant Technical Certifications
- Participate in the activities to obtain plant technical Certifications – for example, UNI, ISO Certifications
- Support, for technical aspects, Technical Sourcing department in the scouting and evaluation of new suppliers
- Participate in technical activities regarding the preparation of tenders and evaluation of offers
- Manage the suppliers during their presence into the plant with regard of all the aspects involved in the contract
- Participate to the vendor evaluation in order to create a preferred vendor list
Who we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automation); Masters in Engineering is considered an asset
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of relevant industry experience, specifically experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of product technology, production methods, manufacturing and food sector;
- Knowledge of design of machines and tools;
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management principles
- Knowledge and use of Excel, Autocad (3D), MS project, PowerPoint, SAP, BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Personal Attributes – proactive, motivated, enthusiastic in technical activities aimed to the implementation of new investment projects;
- Innovating – Curious and talented at gathering innovations and improvement opportunities;
- Effective Communication - Talking to others to convey information effectively and influence.
- Written Communication - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate;
- Collaborative – eager to work in a team environment and to share knowledge and experience;
- Travel – available to stay for limited periods (weeks) in other plants and in the Engineering Central office
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of design alternatives to choose the most appropriate one.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.