Job Location: Chicago, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Guarantee purchase of goods, materials and services in accordance with defined guidelines to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply running the purchase order with a set supplier base.
• Applies and implements purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, based on technical, organizational, economical and international financial knowledge, to reach the best possible results according to Group requirements in terms of timing and flexibility
• Ensures purchase orders management, looks for Request for Proposals from vendors, proposing qualified and suitable alternatives
• Analyzes, aligns and evaluates offers received, in order to select the best available alternatives
• Monitors operative KPIs (service level, quality, etc.)
• Conducts negotiation for local purchase of goods, materials and services with suppliers of the Category of responsibility, in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct
• Maintains, consolidates and improves relationships with existing suppliers, to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
• Supports, for item having contracts managed locally, presence of Global Master Agreements, application of qualitative and quantitative contracts standards
• Supports the workflow information to Central and Local procurement functions (new suppliers, new geographies, new procedures / policies, best practices, etc.)
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 4 - 7 years of related experience
• Bachelors degree
• Mastering purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
• Knowledge of the supplier market, qualitative specifications for packaging, price agreements, purchasing process and related procedures;
• Technical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of the Global Pack market
• Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to set and achieve goals
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Mastery of SAP modules purchases
• Analytical skills
• Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
• Knowledge of Sustainability process
• Ethical and strong personal values
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.