Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager who will work in our production facility. The position is based in our Somerset, NJ factory and reports to the Plant Engineer.
- Maintain and repair all mechanical equipment
- Maintain and repair all heating and cooling systems, including chillers, boilers, refrigeration units, climate control, compressors, motors and pumps, plus all associated controls
- Perform tasks in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and roofing
- Inspect building and equipment for needed repair / maintenance
- Keep accurate testing and maintenance records of all equipment
- Perform all proactive preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Identify conditions needing major repair and recommend corrective action
- Available for ON CALL duty on nights and weekends to address emergencies
- Coordinate work and materials with vendors or contract service personnel
- Ensure all seasonal equipment is maintained in a proactive manner
- Manage 5 mechanics and 5 electricians
- Work with external vendors for facility maintenance and repairs
- Follow and enforce all OSHA standards
- Full comprehension of working with fully automated equipment including robotics and PLCs
- Experience working with a highly seasonal temporary workforce
Who we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning operation, maintenance and repair
- Experience working with packaging material and robotics
- Ability to read electrical wiring schematics
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and climb ladders
- Excellent communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.