Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
The Logistics Manager will run the production scheduling, in/out traffic scheduling, raw and packaging material procurement, and deployment functions at the manufacturing facility. You will also be responsible for inventory management process execution.
- Serve as a member of Plant Management Leadership Team setting direction and policy for the entire operation.
- Accountable for ensuring that a production schedule is developed that meets both corporate demand strategy and the plant’s ability to reasonably execute.
- Accountable for managing raw, finished goods, and packaging days on hand and period end inventory levels. Procures raw materials and stores items.
- Develop a robust working relationship with operations, finance, corporate logistics, transportation, plant management, customer service and product availability to support issue resolution.
- Maintain Supply Chain calendar
- Establishes and ensures achievement of all unit KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement for area MCRS elements
- Ensures adherence to all standard work processes, including LEAN processes
- Responsible for assisting with/creating operating budgets and capital budgets with other department managers.
- Accountable for execution of relevant projects within assigned area. Monitor project plans and status to ensure completion.
- Food safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures. Compliance with employee safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for talent management process for Operations Services employees.
- Make strategic decisions, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits and costs, and risks associated with decision alternatives.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience or a High School Diploma/GED plus a minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage people
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- SAP Experience preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.