Junior Graphic Designer - Fannie May
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. is a leading premium American chocolate brand and retail chain within the Ferrero Group. Home of leading brands like Rocher, Nutella, Kinder Joy, Tic Tac, Butterfinger, Crunch, and Baby Ruth, Ferrero is the world’s third largest confectionery company and a major player within the CPG space. With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Junior Graphic Designer works with members of the creative, brand, and retail operations teams at Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc to visually convey a particular message, idea or concept to meet the brand’s business objectives. They rely on their knowledge and proficiency with current graphic design programs to produce digital assets, signage, print collateral, packaging, and display renderings. This position will be based in our Chicago, IL office.
- Create conceptual designs and illustrations consistent with strategic direction of given channel and export at settings optimal for use
- Retouch photography using such features in Photoshop as levels, clone stamp, healing brush, and clipping paths
- Updating e-commerce and digital assets to include new/seasonal products
- Support Visual Merchandising with seasonal floor set concepting and installation
- Support Retail Sales and Trade Marketing with designs for print collateral (signage, ads, order forms, brochures, etc.)
- Submit artwork to vendors, troubleshoot issues, and review proofs
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- 1+ years' experience in CPG brand marketing
- Ability to think strategically and develop multiple creative solutions that address the business objective
- Knowledge of print production
- Thorough understanding of retouching photographs
- Best practices for file set-up for digital assets
- Retail window displays and planogram visualization a plus
- Film and video editing a plus
- Art directing photoshoots a plus
- 3D Rendering a plus
- Good skills in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Proficient in Adobe: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Adobe: Premier Pro and After Effects is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.