Job Location: [[South Africa]]
Job Location: [[Walkerville]]
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
- Responsible for the maintaining good relations with employees and the union in the business.
- Coordinating all Union and Management Meetings Be the specialist on disciplinary / grievance procedures for the factory site.
- Pro-actively identify areas of potential conflict
- Represent the company at CCMA and brief attorneys to assist with labour court disputes
- Employee Relations Manages relationship between management and employees and recommends initiatives to improve relationships between management and employees
- Employment Equity Drives the employment equity forum / committee on site. (Organise meetings ensure minutes are taken and distributed.)
- Ensure actions are followed up from meetings Communication Forum (Total site) Active Participation in Comms forum Active
- Participation of drafting of constitutions with a view to positively influence the constitution Social Plan / Social responsibility / BEE Organise training, counselling services, interviewing and making recommendations for candidates for outsourcing business opportunities
- Reporting Projects Coordinating meetings between Management and Union Coordinating and involvement at team building sessions
- Organising committee meetings i.e. ETD, Diversity, EE, BEE, Taking Minutes at all meetings
- Drafting agreements reached at meetings
- Ensuring records are kept of the proceedings
- Maintaining database of minutes and meetings
- Liaising between Union and Management to keep dialogue open
- Making recommendations regarding way forward discussions
- Deals with employee queries, employee policies and procedures, and site Management Union agreements (substantive and recognition – and committee related as well as project related as well as updates thereof
Who we are looking for:
Education and Experience:
Must have a completed bachelor’s degree or National Diploma (Industrial Psychology, Industrial & Labour Studies, LLB preferable)
Minimum 3 years proven IR/ER experience in a manufacturing/factory/unionized environment.
Other Skills: SAP would be advantageous An in depth understanding of application of the Employment Law and various policies and procedures regulating employment conditions, workplace conflict and resolution in South Africa Strong MS Office - Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power- point) Strong soft skills (Problem solving, decision making, conflict management, meeting management, HR management, Lateral thinking, Result Orientation). Good communication and report writing skills. Analytical ability. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and high standards of conformity Other: Required to work overtime and/or weekends when required. Valid driver’s license and own transport
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.