Industrial Procurement & Packaging Buyer
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
The Industrial Procurement & Packaging Buyer will guarantee that the purchase of goods, materials and services are done in accordance with the defined guidelines to ensure that Ferrero’s operational needs are met while taking into account the price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply running the purchase order with a set supplier base. This position will be based in our Co-Packing Industial facility in Somerset, NJ and will support the overall industrial facility with procurement support.
- Apply and implement purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, based on technical, organizational, economical and international financial knowledge, to reach the best possible results according to Group’s requirements in terms of timing and flexibility
- Ensure purchase order management, looks for RFPs from vendors, propose qualified and suitable alternatives
- Analyze, align and evaluate offers received in order to select the best available alternatives
- Monitor operative KPIs (service level, quality, etc.)
- Conduct negotiations for local purchase of goods, materials and services with suppliers of the Category of responsibility, in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct
- Maintain, consolidate and improve relationships with existing suppliers to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
- Support, for items having contract managed locally, presence of Global Master Agreements, application of qualitative and quantitative contract standards
- Support the workflow information to Central and Local procurement functions (new suppliers, new geographies, new procedures/policies, best practices, etc.)
- Work closely with AP to ensure that invoices are processed
- Work with Marketing and Packaging engineering on packaging development and artwork.
- Work in MM/SAP to develop code creation for all packaging materials and setup.
- At least 4 years of minimum experience; preferably within a CPG, Food & Beverage, Snacking or Confectionary company
- Experience working in an industrial enviornment
- Knowledge of the supplier market, qualitative specifications for packaging, price agreements, purchasing process, and related procedures
- Technical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the Global Pack market
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Mastery of SAP modules purchases
- Strong understanding of packaging material specifications and artwork
- Experience with SAP
- Advanced with EXCEL
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.