Health and Safety (H&S) Specialist Engineering
Sede di lavoro: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 40,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate for a position as Health and Safety Specialist to support our global Ferrero Engineering activities based in Alba Italy to ensure H&S compliance obligations for the design and manufacturing of machines are always met and internal guidelines are prepared to guarantee the most effective safety solutions are chosen. Furthermore, the role will work with different parts of the organization to ensure consistent implementation of H&S aspects throughout the life cycle of projects, from design through execution to completion.
- Support project engineers to ensure machines are designed in full compliance with applicable legal and company internal safety requirements
- Support project engineers with CE internal certification process and preparation of all related documentation
- Define and establish best practice requirements for machine safety
- Maintain company internal database on international engineering standards and legal requirements regarding machines, equipment and buildings
- Work with all stakeholders to maintain full compliance with regulatory and group requirements, including preparation and filing of required documentation
- Support project managers to ensure high safety standards are met through the entire life cycle of engineering projects, from design to hand over
- Monitor and verify adherence to work safety standards and procedures as well as implementation of all corrective actions identified during audits, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Participate in incident investigations related to machines/ equipment and follow up of engineering improvement actions at all sites globally using the same type of equipment
- Update Ferrero technical specifications as a result of incidents as needed
- Regular reporting on metrics, status, issues, incidents to Group H&S and other stakeholders
- Support risk assessments as needed and provide final validation of machines
- Propose mitigation actions for risks identified
- Monitor implementation of agreed mitigation activities and report on implementation status
- Continuously raise awareness on the importance of H&S across the Engineering function
- Conduct H&S training and coaching for Ferrero employees in Engineering department
- Supports any legal reporting requirements (e.g. accident notification)
Who we are looking for:
- Successfully completed Engineering studies or equivalent;
- At least 3-5 years Health & Safety experience, ideally with a machine manufacturing company or similar
- Knowledge in and experience with Machine Safety regulations
- Dynamic, proactive approach and ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that may involve confidential or sensitive matters;
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills and high professional standards for customer service and work quality;
- Working group and communication skills;
- International mobility;
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Fluent in English
- Any other European language is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.