Graphic Chain Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role of Graphic Chain has the responsibility over all the pre-print and printing activity with direct technical responsibility on all the printed materials for all brands produced in China and APAC region, being the main technical interface for internal stakeholders (Marketing, Procurement, Quality, others) and external printers.
- Coordinating artwork and repro process in according with the guidelines coming from central Graphic Chain team
- Participating in all the activities of print approval, attending all the print runs at the printers
- Performing final technical checking of print file before dispatching to the packaging printers
- Managing the last technical check before print production and for sign of on behalf of Ferrero
- Approving of the obtained results (i.e. colours and right position of the elements on the pack)
- Managing agencies, existing suppliers (repro agencies) portfolios, introducing new suppliers, providing structural market scouting and benchmarking
- Participating in pre-artwork meetings in collaboration with Marketing department, repro agencies and design agencies, advising on printing technologies related activities
- Checking and approving agencies costs on a monthly basis in according with the approved price grid
- Ensuring graphic quality standardization and cost reduction
- Attending press approvals for the region
- Processing of claims and solving technical printing problems in collaboration with the relevant departments, agencies and packaging printers
- Participating in packaging projects (e.g. launch or re-launch of a brand)
- Training new marketing team members, design agencies and packaging suppliers on brand guidelines for constant printability, Colour Glossary and Colour Book Guide
- Supporting the print data management team
- Implementing, practicing and maintaining of all program requirements and standards regarding quality and food safety
Who we are looking for:
- Strong experience in printing industry, preferably in packaging
- Certified technician - printing technology or print media operator experience
- Packaging design, offset (litho), rotogravure and flexo printing, as well as finishing knowledge
- Experience in full production process including phases, cycles, production models and information systems related to production
- Knowledge of packaging machinery
- Strong project management, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, ability to interact on different levels and with different stakeholders
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office, Adobe suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/In Design)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.