Food Law Counsel - Multi Countries Region
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg we are looking for a Food Law Counsel – Multi Countries Region.
Food Law Counsel is responsible for Food Law compliance with the legislation of different countries within Multi Countries Region (Northern and Eastern Europe, Balkans, Austria & Switzerland):
- Analysis, interpretation and implementation of applicable Food Law requirements;
- Analysis of technical documentation on product recipes;
- Drafting and approval of labelling specifications (general and nutritional labelling) in cooperation with local stakeholders;
- Advising on products claim and communication (key visuals, websites, TVC, etc.;
- Providing legal opinions and risk assessment to different stakeholders;
- Liaising with local external counsels on specific Food Law matters,
- Providing training and guidelines on Food Law compliance;
- Performing regulatory scouting (e.g. regulations, guidelines, legal advices);
- Supporting Food Law Innovation dept. on the local evaluation of new projects;
- Providing legal expertise to Commercial Quality dept. on specific Food Law matters (e.g. handling sensitive consumers complaints, interpretation of metrology requirements, etc.);
- Providing legal expertise to Corporate Communication and Institutional Affairs dept. on EU and local initiatives (e.g. Dual Quality, Nutriscore, etc.).
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Laws;
- Minimum 5 years experience in Food Law (in-house counsel or law firm);
- Food Law expertise is required;
- Admission to the legal Bar is a plus;
- Food labelling expertise;
- Capability to analyse and handle complex legal matters;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- High attention to details;
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and sound judgment.
- Strong knowledge of technology and Microsoft Operating System.
- Fluent in English;
- Other European languages, particularly Italian, are a plus.