Director, Technical Procurement
Job Location: Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy® along with American icons Butterfinger®, Crunch®, and Baby Ruth® .
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ensure the search, evaluation and selection of suppliers for all materials and services necessary for the production unit’s operation.
Supervise and support the drawing up of contracts and the obtaining of authorized signatures, the issuance of related purchase orders and all the necessary operations for the development of the purchasing process. You will work cross functionally with other departments implementing processes in order to launch projects.
• Supervise and support the technical PO process from approved requisition to PO and support goods receipt.
• Ensure the search for local suppliers of Services, Utilities/Energy, Machinery and equipment, codified and non codified items, in compliance with quality standards established by Headquarters;
• Guarantee selection through specific meetings with potential suppliers, in collaboration with the Central Purchasing and department requesting the material or service;
• Collaborate in the process of receiving final specifications/detailed descriptions from suppliers
• Manage supplier evaluation process by maintaining supplier score cards.
• Guarantee the negotiation of technical supplies and services, carried out in collaboration with respective Central Purchasing Offices in compliance with budget and Group objectives.
• Ensure the resolution of contractual agreements in accordance with local regulations, Central Purchasing and company guidelines (signatures, financial aspects, etc.);
• Involve Finance department to evaluate the clauses of financial/insurance matters;
• Ensure the registering of all contractual agreements.
• Work with legal in defining contractual clauses.
• Develop and maintain a strong positive rapport with all suppliers
• Ensure ongoing supplier evaluation by managing complaints from Logistics, Production, Quality, Maintenance;
• Visit global suppliers
• Attend North American seminars and trade shows
• Ensure preparation of reports for orders issued including all necessary information to Central Purchasing Offices;
• Project Support - Support departmental projects such as new investments, preparation of departmental budgets and new initiatives
• Develop creative solutions for cost reduction, and continuous improvement of purchasing processes and procedures
• Prepare, monitor and control technical purchasing budget
• Supervise the of day to day activities of the Technical Buyer
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a Technical Purchasing Role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• Knowledge of local supplier market, pricing agreements, purchasing process and related procedures.
• Previous experience managing a team.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.