Demand Planning Manager, Chocolates
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Demand Planning Manager will be responsible for managing a team and generating demand plans, understand demand drivers, for proactive collaboration across Sales Forecasting, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Supply Planning and Finance and lead monthly S&OP process for assigned brands. The goal of this position is to continuously improve Category service levels while simultaneously reducing finished goods inventory through accurate forecasting. Key to this role will be anticipating and understanding the needs of different stakeholders across the company relative to forecasting, turning assumptions into actionable plans and providing insight into demand drivers to leadership.
- Participate in monthly reviews to provide business update at monthly meeting
- Provide inputs to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-in/ phase outs
- Work with IT to adjust any issues on forecasting software and IT tools
- Liaise with SOP office for the proper running of monthly SOP
- Assess feasibility of long-term forecast changes and related issues
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated input from business, forecasting updates and related issues
- Provide latest volume estimate according latest demand drivers
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated success in implementing KPIs and continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields
- 2+ years of managing teams
- 4+ years experience with fast moving consumer goods or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in Demand Planning or forecasting role
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Experience with SAP APO & ECC or similar applications, preferred
- Experience with Forecasting tools as Blue Yonder or equivalent, preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.