Customer and Category Development Manager - Modern Channel
Job Location: Barcelona
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The aim of the role is to act as the main point of contact within Trade Marketing concerning the assigned channel / category, providing support to Sales and Marketing in the development of the Company Plan (Bottom-up), supporting Sales in the preparation of offers to customers and maintaining track of the customer execution of the agreed activities, ensuring a constant challenge to the Sales team to exploit missing business opportunities.
Company bottom-up brand plan
- Responsible for the development of the trade marketing plan, in alignment on the brand plan with Marketing
- Share with Sales the Trade Marketing Plan according to the Business calendar timings to define and close the activity planning at Customer leve
- Identify brand opportunities and challenges for the dedicated customers
- Definition of the listing recommendation for the assigned customers
- Develop activation plan guidelines for the assigned customers, looking for finding synergies for the channel
- Responsible of analysis of Ferrero’s performance, considering all the categories and customers vs competitors with the aim to understand key performance drivers, risks/challenges and opportunities at customer level
- Responsible for the identification of the potential for growth that could be presented to the customer, and quantify the potential in terms of uplift, margin, ROI and Market Share.
- Monitor the customer performance: identification of business potential at customer’s level, highlight issues / opportunities.
- Collaborate with the KAM in the customer plan preparation and ensure the individual customer plan coherence with the guidelines of the company strategy.
- Responsible of the consolidation of the customer plan for the assigned customers, and of the check of key initiatives coherence with the guidelines
- Provide support to Sales Team during contract negotiations with the assigned customer
- Responsible of the customer offer process
- Full accountability of the Trade plan cascading to sales force and all related
- Responsible for the preparation of generic planograms at channel level, with guidelines and indications on how to place the products on the shelves, for the category assigned
- Identify business potential for one / more categories assigned at customer’s level in terms of pos activation
- Responsible for the development of Category assessment in Customers perspective
- Coordination of external merchandisers (if any), providing guidelines for in-store implementation and continuous feedbacks
- Responsible for guidelines on how to place products in the secondary placements
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors in Administration and Business Economics or simila
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, desirable in FMCG
- Working experience in a cross cultural environment and in a matrix organization preferable
- Organized, structured and dynamic with a commitment to excellence
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive and excellent team player
- Results-oriented approach
- Ethical and strong personal values
- Sales background is considered a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish, any other language is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.