Channel Marketing Manager - Club Channel
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Channel Marketing Manager, Club Channel will be responsible for providing analytical insights around KPI management and business performance. This role will support the Club Channel VP on the development and execution of the channel strategy as well as ensuring that customer business plans are executed at the team / customer level. This position will coordinate global efforts for the channel across all customer geographies and assist the channel marketing teams in the development of sales / new item presentations. The position will be based in our Parsippany, N.J. office, and will report to the VP of Sales of the Club channel.
1. Joint Business Planning support / execution and deployment
- Support customer teams in the development of annual Joint Business Plans (JBP)
- Assist in pulling the analytics in the development of the JBP
- Set up the KPI’s and tracking to ensure that annual JBP is being executed and score carded
- Assist in post promotional analysis to ensure quality merchandising is being executed at customer level.
- Attend customer meetings with Channel VP on the execution of the JBP
2. Support the execution of Channel strategy / KPI’s for Channel VP
- Co-develop the channel strategy with VP on 5-year strategy
- Work with customer teams on the development of customers 3–5 year strategy
- Work with Sales Business Development on global strategy and scorecards
- Development and deployment of the Channel scorecard / Customer dashboard
- Coordinate scorecards across all Customer global geographies
- Conduct weekly reviews with Sales and Broker organization to drive accountability within organization against KPI’s
- Develop executive summary to report out to sales leadership
- Work with channel marketing on sales tools / enablers to help close DSMP KPIs
3. Development of Channel Sales tools / Sales enablers to assist in KPI execution
- Work with category management in the development of sales presentations to execute distribution, quality merchandising and shelving excellence
- Assist the channel teams in the development of customer new item presentations
- Work with counterpart / peer group on development of best in class presentations by brand / category level and deploy to sales teams
4. Manage the annual Trade budget
- Work with trade management team on adhering to trade management guidelines
- Review monthly with team leaders adherence to trade budgets
- Make recommendations to sales teams on promotional strategies based on category growth, incremental lift and ROI
- Conduct monthly P&L reviews with channel team leaders
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree is required; MBA is a plus
- 4+ years of CPG Sales experience; Club or Foodservice experience a plus
- Interpersonal skills to build and manage long lasting relationships with internal cross functional partners
- Customer experience to co-develop and execute all strategic plans with broker partners and sales teams
- Strategic view to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives
- Data analysis skills to monitor accounts' performance and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc
- Deep understanding of the accounts' position within the industry to contribute to company growth
- Outstanding communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills
- Highly process oriented and ability to manage multiple projects in a proactive and timely manner
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.