Category Development Manager Seasonal Confectionery
Job Location: Greenford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Focussing on Seasonal Confectionary, the Category Development Manager is the critical point between our retail buyers and the insight required to deliver real business wins. Very few customers operate at a purely transactional level therefore require Category Management justifications to list and maintain products in the range. It is your role as the Category Development Manager to generate relationships based upon insight and trust, influencing the retail buyers to engage in category growth opportunities.
- Expert on generating comprehensive insights and a category story using all available continuous data sources for total coverage, channel and retailer, category and shopper
- Efficient management of the continuous agencies as resource in order to generate excellence in insight creation
- Monitoring category, customer and branded performance in relevant customers in order to identify ongoing trends, and presenting these back to the business and the customers as appropriate
- Continuous evolution of the category strategy customising the approach to unlock the drivers in the relevant channels and accounts
- Using category and customer insight to highlight potential future issues for the customer or Ferrero brands, and recommending corrective actions available
- Presentation of our in-store space and merchandising strategy using our Shopper Experience Centre and latest 3D virtual store technology, building on the category drivers to achieve disproportionate space for the Ferrero brands
- Execution of retailer engagement strategy through the category strategy process
- Building on-going relationships with the key retailers through range reviews, category reviews and sell-in presentations highlighting category opportunities based on the category strategy, drivers and tactics
- Building relationships and collaborative working with retailers to ensure Ferrero has strong presence at range reviews
- Monitoring execution and progress in the category drivers and trends in the relevant retailers and recommending corrective actions as appropriate, providing regular updates to the customers
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in category management, or an insight/category planning role within a retailer, or within agency in a client executive/account management position.
You are able to tell a compelling category story and will have a good understanding in all areas of category management and analysis with an understanding of data sources such as Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, or Dunnhumby. You never stand still and continuously look for ways to improve your own performance and that of your wider team and ultimately, the business. The operational aspects of the role are second nature and you thrive on tenaciously raising the bar. As an agent for change, people look to you to give direction and challenge mediocracy, whilst working hard to build and drive high performance.
A good understanding of the UK confectionary industry will be an advantage and you will possess a strong drive to develop your career and understand how to manage and maximise your internal network. In return we can offer a competitive salary and benefits package but more importantly the opportunity to progress your career within a high performing organisation who truly values the unique contribution each employee can make.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.