Brand Manager - Tic Tac
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and intellectually curious Brand Manager who can hit the ground running. The focus of this role is to help build and execute the vision for leadership within the category in the US and execute plans for innovation in the short and long-term.
The ideal candidate will bring a balance of strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a keen sense of creativity. We are looking for someone who can lead a cross-functional team deliver innovation and work with creative agencies to develop world-class creative to reach our consumers across tactics, from TV to in-store execution. The Brand Manager will play a key role in supporting the development of the overall innovation strategy and will drive the growth of these initiatives from concept through launch via excellent marketing execution.
Business and Brand Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting
- In-depth market, competitive and brand analysis to assist in formulating brand strategy within a fast-moving consumer packaged goods category
- Analyzes business and brand results to ensure strategies are working and objectives are being realized, recommending course correction where relevant
- Maintains understanding of the competitive environment to assess impact on business
- Prepares and creates engaging, meaningful and persuasive presentations
- Owns and actively manages brand marketing budget
- Lead qualitative and quantitative market research briefing through to interpreting result and making recommendations for innovation and renovation
- Leads innovation development with cross-functional team from concept to opportunity assessment through launch within our internal stage gate process
- Partners with Finance to ensure profitability with innovation
- Work closely with Category management and Trade Marketing to develop compelling sell-in stories/toolkits to ensure customer acceptance of innovation
Brand Equity and Communications Planning and Execution
- Leads agency partners in creative development, asset development and execution of consumer and shopper activation
- Ensures coherency across all consumer and shopper touchpoints to, drive cohesive and impactful messaging and trademark consistency in all communications
- Participates in brand planning and overall communication planning with interagency team
- Sets and tracks KPIs, offering recommendations for optimization of plans/assets
Leadership and self-management
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Inter-departmental engagement with Trade marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and Legal to assist in the planning and execution of new initiatives
- Able to efficiently manage relations with third party vendors (i.e.: graphic design agencies, research agencies, etc.), obtaining required output while minimizing costs
- Comfortable with presenting in front of senior management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business; Master’s degree in Business is a plus
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods brand marketing
- Experience working with syndicated databases; i.e. IRI, ACNielsen
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
- Possesses solid project management skills from planning stage to execution and final assessment in order to achieve brand objectives and goals
- Experience with P&L management, Forecasting, and Budget Management.
- Understanding of nuances of food, drug, mass, club and e-commerce classes of trade
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook; SAP knowledge a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.