Associate Trade Manager (1 Year Contract)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Responsible for overseeing, managing and analyzing the sales trade budget. Responsible for overseeing the input of data into trade systems, analyzing, assessing risk, providing insights, and recommendations in order to optimize trade investment. Will support the development of trade processes and new trade planning systems. Additional responsibilities include training sales on systems, processes and trade management best practices.
The person in this role will also support the Sales Financial Manager in carrying out day to day operations and special projects. The person will also manage and analyse customer profitability, trade spend ROI and feasibility of trade program proposals for assigned accounts. The person in this role will also develop a solid understanding of the Sales Strategy and Trade Management objectives to drive improved customer planning and trade promotion effectiveness across the Sales team.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
Budgeting and Financial Analysis
• Lead the control and optimization of Key Account customer investment by analyzing trade budgets, ensuring the execution of the annual trade and brand plans, to deliver the company sales and profit objectives.
• In collaboration with finance, prepare and maintain annual sales budget to effectively manage the full potential of the trade budget, ensuring the execution of the annual trade and brand plans, delivering the company sales and profit objectives.
• Monitor and analyze trade spend forecast and actuals and provide timely trade spend reporting.
• Responsible for monitoring estimates vs plan, ensuring appropriate handling of retail trade spend and help with resolution of outstanding issues & deductions for assigned accounts.
• Responsible for the incremental spend request process (iBO – Incremental Business Opportunity) and managing reserve spending for assigned accounts.
• Oversee ad hoc reporting for the Sales Business Development Group (SBD):
o Triple Net Price (3NP) Reporting
o Global Customer Reporting
• Oversee the monthly reporting on Sales Trade Behaviour MBOs and monthly preparation of slides for CEO Trade Review meeting
Planning and Control Support
• Lead the annual Account Planning and Review Process by developing templates and recommending procedures that will further facilitate the implementation of the trade strategies and customer plans.
• Facilitate timely and accurate processing and clearing of:
o Customer Deductions
o Customer Funding Requests
o Governance processes enforcement
• Ensuring correct financial liability is being stated by validating proper generation, clearing and closure of trade spend accruals.
• Lead the monthly trade spend reconciliation process by ensuring trade promotions are created accurately and released in a timely manner.
• Support the maintenance of various master data:
o Pricing conditions
o Product Master
o Customer Master
o CRM Master
• The role will provide further analytical support to the volume planning, customer investment and customer profitability processes as needed.
Technology and Process
• Supports the training of the Sales organization on information systems – e.g. BluePlanner (trade spend and volume planning system) at time of onboarding
• Proactively identifies and brings forward solutions for trade process improvements, quality of information and improved efficiency.
• Monitor and report on tickets opened for system issues.
• Support in the development of user manuals for various trade and volume process and system.
Ad Hoc Reporting and Support
• Key financial support person for the Fuel for Growth project and Finance Lead for Markdown and Liquidations projects
Who we are looking for:
• 4 – 7 years of relevant professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Sales / Business Development.
• Knowledge of Sales management procedures and processes
• Knowledge of Financial management concepts and principles as they apply to Sales and Marketing
• Knowledge of Customer Business Team procedures and processes as they pertain to volume and customer investment planning
• Knowledge of Ferrero group standards, processes, tools and systems, and Sales function priorities
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Word
• Advanced knowledge of SAP applications – SAP ECC, SAP TPM, SAP TCM, SAP BI
• Superior analytical abilities, numeracy, and ability to work confidently with large amounts of data.
• Ability to set and achieve goals
• Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work effectively with others, both cross functionally and at various levels in the organization, as well as the ability to work independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong critical thought process with the ability to investigate trends and identify areas for sales focus
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) in both a one-to-one and group environment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.Please include the name of people who can be contacted by internal candidates for more information. This field will be visible to internal candidates only.