Sr. Quality Supervisor
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
This role reports to the Quality & Food Safety Manager. You will interact with all levels of management at the facility, to include the Operations Manager(s) and his/her direct reports, supervisors and production employees. You will have accountability for quality & food safety throughout the plant. You will also manage the Sanitation Team.
- Direct, plan, and implement GMP compliance and training for the facility, working appropriately with any existing training roles in the organization
- Responsible for the oversight and administration of the “on hold” product program, including the status, release, and destruction of “on hold” product
- Administration of PES and QAR programs
- Accountable for quality & food safety during all hours of operation
- Responsible for foreign material and metal detector program, sanitation, and SOC/SOP compliance
- Ensure the plant is in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, and all food safety guidelines are followed
- Responsible for all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, Chemistry, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in quality & food safety required
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Technical knowledge of quality & food safety
- Experience in managing processes
- Food processing and packaging experience is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.