Production Supervisor - Bloomington, IL (3rd Shift)
Job Location: Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero North America is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and this role will be based in our production plant in Bloomington, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join Ferrero and be extraordinary with us! We are seeking a highly motivated Production Supervisor (3rd Shift) who will oversee the team members on the production lines. The Production Supervisor supervises manufacturing operations and supports staff with an emphasis on teamwork, employee safety, product quality and sanitation. This role reports to the Production Manager and will support the execution of the production plant by leading the line team in operational activities. You will be the point person during your assigned shift and ensure that the necessary tools, supplies, and equipment are available and properly utilized to perform production tasks effectively. In this role you will be instrumental in ensuring that our quality standards and continuous improvement enhance our production efficiency while taking things to the next level.
- Oversee daily activities associated with the optimization of production factors (material, method, labor force, and machinery)
- Responsible within assigned shift for all production phases within your area of competence (preparation, packaging, etc.)
- Partner with Production Manager regarding resource allocation and development of skills
- Apply defined criteria to resource management on production lines (changes, break substitutions)
- Manage personal conflicts between line resources, lead disciplinary meetings, and recommend disciplinary measures to HR
- Partner with HR to select line personnel, and provide evaluations for new hires
- Apply all necessary measures to avoid incidents in the workplace and provide measures to reduce the absences of line employees
- Provide insight to define guidelines for the skills development for line employees
- Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members, and Production Management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a union environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, machinery, stock management and production models
- Strong experience in the application of production performance analysis methods
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to troubleshoot technological problems and knowledge of production scheduling
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills with the ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; SAP experience is a plus
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.