Production Shift Manager
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Production Shift Manager you’ll lead a large operational team across a number of production lines to achieve key indicators including safety, quality, people, delivery, cost and environment. You’ll work closely with factory floor colleagues as well as key teams such as Supply Chain, Quality, HR, Scheduling and Maintenance to ensure that the plant is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Respecting and adhering to standards in key areas such as health and safety, food safety, environment, hygiene and of course product quality assurance and leading by example to drive this behaviour across your team
- Coaching, training, developing and motivating your team to achieve key production metrics
- Effectively managing the full employee life cycle including recruitment, training, learning, development and performance management
- Managing regular team meetings and briefings clearly coordinating and communicating any daily changes to production, escalating issues and working collaboratively with key departments such as scheduling and maintenance
- Acting as a point of escalation, dealing with key or critical issues
- Liaising with Supply chain colleagues to ensure the availability of materials, product and packaging and effectively moving people to meet the business demands
- Identifying, driving and implementing Continuous Improvement activity with the line teams
- Working as a key member of the department senior management team
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in leading and managing large teams of people within a fast paced production environment – with experience of food production
- A good understanding in the use of lean tools such as root cause analysis, 5S work place organisation and SMED activities and you will have ideally used these or other lean practices in your previous roles
- Great people skills with proven and demonstrable experience of motivating, coaching and developing your people to achieve
- An ability to embrace change and actively improve ways of working and to effectively manage and lead others through change
- A demonstrable desire to have a positive impact on the business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues across the business
- Demonstrable decision making skills within a fast paced environment and in line with changing operational priorities
- The ability to think strategically as well as operationally to ensure the team has the necessary skills, behaviours, experience and knowledge to meet the needs of the business in the short and long term
As well as the training we will provide, we coach and mentor our employees to progress and develop your career. We are here to support you!
This is a permanent position working a rotating shift pattern of Nights (10pm – 6am) Afternoons (2pm – 10pm) and Mornings (6am – 2pm). This pattern may change to a 24/7 3 on 3 off rotating days and nights pattern in line with production requirements so a flexible approach is key.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.