New Ingredients Basic & Applied Research Specialist
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a talented candidate in Nutrition Department as New Ingredients Basic&Applied Research Specialist
The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and international environment within Ferrero, with the following responsibilities:
- Nutritional product profiles definition
- Nutritional positioning of new products
- Nutritional guidelines
- Assess nutritional needs confer with experts and analyze nutritional population intake. Investigate the dietary needs of target population (women, elderly, child …)
- Consult with physicians to determine nutritional needs of population to be a drive for innovation and renovation
- Defining Metabolic footprint
- Business Unit support for all nutritional aspects (i.e. Launches, Communication, Crisis management with nutritional aspects, safety, functionality)
- Establish and nurture relation with external scientific institutions (i.e. Universities, research centers)
- Support on scientific publications and define the related communication guidelines
Who we are looking for:
- Master Degree in Scientific Studies (e.g. Biology, Microbiology, ect..)
- PhD is considered as a plus
- Knowledge of Nutritional topics
- 2-3 years of experience in similar roles
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and team work skills are considered as mandatory for the role.
- Open communication attitude
- Organizational Integration and network
- Flexibility, adaptability and aptitude to teamwork
- High fluency in English (written and spoken)
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Knowledge of Fedora Platform is considered as a plus
- Availability to business trip
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.