Maintenance Supervisor - Chicago, IL (1st Shift)
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Ferrero North America is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and this role will be based in our production plant in Chicago, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join Ferrero and be extraordinary with us! We are seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift) who will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all maintenance activities in the assigned area within our production plant. In this role you will be instrumental in maintaining a safe and efficient work environment and ensuring the smooth operation of our facility by overseeing and coordinating all maintenance activities. You will be responsible for directing and guiding a team of maintenance technicians, implementing preventive maintenance programs, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, and optimizing equipment performance to minimize downtime and maximize productivity. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Supervise a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance, training and performance feedback
- Plan and prioritize maintenance tasks to ensure minimal disruption to production schedules
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to maximize equipment reliability and minimize downtime
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery, equipment, and infrastructure to identify potential issues and address them proactively
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule maintenance activities and minimize production interruptions
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and promote a culture of safety awareness among the maintenance team
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment history, and inventory management
- Source and manage external contractors for specialized maintenance or repair projects as required
- Collaborate with the procurement department to ensure the availability of necessary spare parts and maintenance supplies
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction within the maintenance department
- This position may require approximately 5% travel and work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift and on weekends/holidays
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus 2 years of proven experience in a production or manufacturing environment is preferred OR High School Diploma/GED plus at least 5 years of work experience
- Experience with SAP and production reporting systems
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems as well as equipment maintenance best practices
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and supervise a team + manage complexity
- Strong problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Solid understanding of safety regulations with the ability to promote a culture of safety
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.