Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position actively troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities on production and facilities support equipment and systems. A Maintenance Mechanic applies technical knowledge to maintain the assets to the highest possible standards. This position works collaboratively to achieve Ferrero business objectives for safety, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and environmental sustainability.
- Maintain, repair, disassemble and troubleshoot complex processes, high speed packaging machinery, and other manufacturing equipment
- Repair and use of material handling equipment including manual pallet jacks, battery operated pallet jacks, stand up and sit down trucks, scissors lifts, boom type man-lifts, & equipment / component hoists
- Read and interpret blueprints, process and instrumentation diagrams, flow diagrams, and machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify components, and verify proper equipment operation
- Layout, plan, measure, and execute tasks to support maintenance efforts
- Utilize power & hand tools properly and safely support work activities
- Execute and electronically report scheduled PMs & work orders in SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System(CMMS) within allocated windows and following written standards to maintain manufacturing equipment reliability
- Install new equipment as necessary
- Clean tools, parts and equipment after line rebuilds/repairs/maintenance
- Provide technical expertise to train and support production and create an environment of continuous learning
- Actively participate/lead root cause analysis (BDA) and other site continuous improvement initiatives(TPM driven)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Develop and improve Maintenance plans
- Follow all required Good Manufacturing Practices, quality and food safety requirements. In addition, employee shall notify their supervisor or other designated personnel of all quality or food safety findings or incidents
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
- Follow safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
Who we are looking for:
- High school Diploma or GED.
- 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance, OR related area of study, OR Journeyman Certification preferred
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- 3 Years of prior experience as an industrial Maintenance Mechanic OR, 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance or related area of study AND 1 year of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Experience must include diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications.
- Experience in a food-manufacturing environment is preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.