Lab Specialist - Quality
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Working in the Quality Lab at Ferrero Canada, the successful candidate will provide support to the Lab Supervisor and QA Programs Coordinator with a strong emphasis on organizing and coordinating sensory analysis, facility document control, audit preparation and administrative activities.
- Responsible for coordinating sensory analysis of raw materials, semi-processed, finished products and product shelf-life evaluations.
- Subject Matter Expert for Sensory Panel
- Select the members of the sensory panel and provide training on Group Procedures.
- Inform immediately the appropriate responsible personnel when results are out of spec or when it is potential off standard.
- Coordinate external laboratory analysis (3rd party laboratories); sample submission of Nutritional analysis with results entry of 3rd party results into SAP
- Analyze Data from 3rd party lab results and provide tracking/trending of data when required
- Review local and group procedure updates- Update training log with SOP versions, and training completion dates.
- Coordinate document control for the facility by providing writable version, logging revisions and publishing/issuing updated procedures and forms.
- Ensure quality reports are compiled and communicated to FQD.
- Assist with Audit preparation and document control.
- SAP sensory results entry and Purchase Requisitions related to the Quality department
- Organization, tracking and shipment of Archive of Product and Samples
- Collect and prepare quality’s data coming from the production floor and lab for reporting purposes- Sensory, QDA, Dashboard, Controller etc. and organize Quality meetings and review of results
- Assists the PQM, Lab Supervisor and QA Coordinator on any activities related to the quality department
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor, to support production.
Who we are looking for:
- 1-3 years industry experience
- B.S. in food science or related technical field an asset
- Previous experience in Sensory Analysis
- Experience in document control
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- GMPs and HACCP, etc.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.