Junior Technologist, Kinder Bueno - Bloomington, IL
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Ferrero North America is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and this role will be based in our production plant in Bloomington, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Junior Technologist to join the team and hit the ground running at our production plant in Bloomington, IL. In this role, you will collaborate with Quality Assurance and Production to guarantee the proper application of procedures using specifications, standards, methods and instruments to measure and monitor the development of the product during production. You will have a deep understanding of all the distinguishing aspects of the product, supervising and safeguarding results of the semi-finished and finished goods and making necessary adjustments to our process and/or systems. Additionally, you will perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties with the main objective of enhancing the product esthetically, preserving the product and cost-containing.
- Responsible for knowing distinct characteristics of products and troubleshooting for technological difficulties
- Serve as a lead contact for technological issues
- Responsible for training and updating anything involved with the technological and production process
- Familiar with each critical variable of product manufacturing processes
- Compute moisture contents, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and physical control procedures
- Responsible for data collection and system analysis for processes relating to the results of finished goods
Specifications and Formula Requirements
- Assist in procedure and SOP creating and implementation
- Publish parameters for production line settings and ensure they are kept up to date
- Provide advice and guidance to Production on adaptation/changes to the production process for purpose of improving and enhancing the product
- Aid the Quality Assurance department in research and development, production technology and quality control
Production lines and/or equipment startups:
- Responsible for the implementation of correct application process consistency regarding product specification/requirements for new lines/equipment
- Perform tests of new products/processes
- Perform data collection and system analysis for processes relating to production line/equipment start up
- Taste products to ensure profile meets specifications
- Perform tests of raw materials and semi-finished products
- Conduct tests on food additives/preservatives to ensure compliance with standards
- Collaborate with Quality to organize and participate in products/materials verification sample sessions
- Assist in recording results of production samples
Quality and Food Safety
- Ensure that all program requirements/standards are implemented, practiced, and maintained
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Food Engineering or Technology
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Organoleptic Testing (relating to sensory organs – taste)
- Technical product knowledge (in connection with mechanical/industrial application) and technological knowledge (relating to science of the process applied to product)
- Knowledge of industrial equipment, production processes/technology, standard operating procedures, health & safety, quality standards, work instructions and industrial installations
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.