Junior Financial Controller
Job Location: Bruxelles
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As part of the Finance department, you support the Financial Reporting & Controlling area in controlling revenue and related expense reporting for Benelux markets until gross margin. Thereby ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of results, comparative analysis and commentary to BU leaders and Corporate reporting/Area Europe Finance team.
You also support the Sales Team to evaluate annual trade agreements and collaborate to the preparation of the Annual Audit requests.
Actual and Month end closing
• Contribute to the preparation of net sales monthly closing and gross margin value chain simulation;
• Sharing the preparation and presentation with Controlling Manager of the month end closing and support of the Business in understanding trends and taking decisions;
• Contribute to the preparation of the Promotion ROI analysis and improvement proposal to the local team;
• Contribute to the preparation of the Customer profitability analysis and overview presentation to local Finance team and to SLT on a session basis;
Price list and Discounts management
• Participate and support actively price list definition and on invoice discounts for all the customers
• Provide business support to the sales teams by analyzing and evaluating annual trade agreements with customers and ensure agreements are correctly reported in the books;
• Collaborate to the preparation of the monthly check and alignment on C&D, Marketing and Target bonus calculation
• Collaborate to the preparation of the Annual Audit request;
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Participate actively to the construction of the budget and forecast in close collaboration with the local commercial organization (KAMs) with a particular focus on trade agreements;
• Support the Financial Reporting, Controlling Manager and the local team in the Gross to Net analysis and ensure that the sales teams have adequate tools and templates to support the development of the annual plan;
• Contribute to the preparation of the Commercial Profit & Loss by Product;
• Provide database management and ensure integrity of data within the reporting systems
• Oracle Essbase;
• Oracle Hyperion Financial Management;
• SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools;
• SAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation);
Who we are looking for:
• Master degree (Business) Economics/Controlling
• A first experience (internship, apprenticeship etc.) in a controlling department
• FMCG or Retail background is a plus
• Knowledge of Budgeting, Forecast and Database Management is a plus
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Knowledge of Power Pivot or Power BI is a plus
• Strong organization & analytical skills
• Good communication skills to collaborate with and challenge key stakeholders
• Result driven with good balance between pragmatism & detail orientation
• Fluent in English & French
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.