Electrical Utilities Project Engineer
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the role:
We are looking for an Utilities & Energy Electrical Project Engineer who will be working in the Engineering Department. The person we are looking for will have the objective to manage the investments related to new installation and refurbishment in our plants worldwide
- Lead technical design and propose design solution for Electrical utilities projects (power generation/distribution MV/LV, Lighting, energy) by writing technical specifications and coordinating the design activities
- Supports purchasing in the tendering phase, leading the technical part and alignment of suppliers and contractors
- Supervise site construction activities managing technical details and coordinating vendors activities.
- Lead the cost management, times and quality standards at every stage of the project for his part of the project and supports the PM for integrating the overall reports and status
- Prepare and conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and external vendors to plan and track deliverables
- Create, submit and track the relevant technical documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered with quality standards
- Lead in providing equipment specifications and technical support to procurement and other business partners for best technical solutions
- Work very closely with H&S, Maintenance, Quality, Sustainability and Production from project start to project go live
- Assess and communicate project status, drive escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams and leadership
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Strong methodological background to enable effectiveness working in a flexible environment and on multiple fronts
- 4-7 years of work experience is a plus
- Proven technical leadership and project engineering experience in development and implementation of complex utilities projects
- Problem solving attitude and ability to relate with different functions (Technical Sourcing, Quality, Maintenance, etc);
- Strong analytical skills, ability to provide leadership to multiple disciplines in a large and complex organization;
- Availability to travel frequently/for long time for business trip
- Availability for international mobility
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.