Job Location: Augusta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) is responsible for maintaining the health and safety of the plant workforce and environment by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and governmental standards; maintenance of the EH&S Programs and creating initiatives that drive improvements in employee safety & environmental compliance, reduce incident rates and build a sustainable EH&S culture for the site. The primary objective is to ensure a safe and incident-free work environment including methodologies, initiatives and strategies that promote safe operations, safety awareness, training, and continuous improvement to eliminate or control unsafe behaviors, environments, and hazards.
- Safety Observation card tracking and accountability
- LOTO audit tracking and accountability
- Track OPL and hold departments accountable
- Track– near miss, first aid, property damage, completing actions, etc.
- SAP – to include work notifications and purchase orders
- Weekly and Monthly Audits – Spill Kits, AED, CWA, universal waste, etc.
- Drive the EH&S Committee, Conduct/Assist with contractor and new hire training
- Back-up Business Security Coordinator
- Corporate monthly reporting, incident case management, employee engagement, etc.
- Assist with Workers compensation cases
- PPE management
- Manage plant “key” Program
- Plant safety resource for all Capital Projects
- Implement and follow-up corrective action(s) from near miss(es), first aid(s), and property damage incident(s)
- Prepare / Organize Events (Safety Training Day, EH&S Committee Meetings, Safety Blitz, etc.)
- Own all WWTP operations
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences or related field, or a combination of education and experience related to the position
- Demonstrated 5-10 years of experience working in a safety and environmentally conscious manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully coordinating EHS sustainability activities in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding OSHA, NFPA, DOT and EPA
- Strong technical expertise in manufacturing safety and knowledge of safety processes
- This position also requires the following certifications to be obtained as directed by plant leadership:
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, Forklift Trainer, Fall Protection Competent Person, OSHA Instructor, Georgia Class III Wastewater License
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.