Job Location: North Canton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Fannie May Confections Brands, a division of Ferrero, is a leading retail chain selling gourmet chocolates & candies. The first Fannie May retail store was opened by H. Teller Archibald in 1920 in Chicago. Throughout the years, Fannie May has developed candies that often become the center of many family and holiday traditions. Beginning with only a handful of confections, today Fannie May makes over 100 different confections and continues to develop new and innovative flavor profiles. Quality has always been the driving force behind the making of Fannie May chocolates.
Are you interested in working in the kitchen to produce various types of candy? Cooks operate kitchen equipment including Fondant Cooker & Beaters, Kettles, Cooling/Cutting Slabs, Hobart Mixers, Extruders, Mills, Melters and more. We’re looking for dedicated Cooks to help deliver the quality that is known and loved by every Fannie May customer for over 100 years. Pay starts at $13.25 per hour. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift positions available.
1. Follow specific and detailed procedures to produce each type of candy, while knowledgeable enough to make appropriate adjustments to equipment to ensure that specifications are attained.
2. Complete appropriate production report paperwork.
3. Operator Kitchen equipment in a safe and efficient manner
4. Ensure high quality standards are maintained and supply QC with appropriate sampling of production runs.
5. Maintain the highest sanitary standards and obtain approval of facility cleanliness (ATP swap testing) prior to clocking out.
6. Attain production requirements within standard costs and time frames.
7. Complete all jobs in your area assigned by your supervisor.
8. Work any assignment as directed by your supervisor.
9. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
10. Work overtime assigned by your supervisor.
11. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
13. Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
Who we are looking for:
Education or Experience
· Basic math ability to ensure recipe accuracy, 12th grade reading level to read and understand complex formulations and equipment procedures.
· The ability to lift 75 – 100 lbs., stand for extended periods, work in warm/ humid environment, and work around cooking temperatures from 212 to 312 degrees.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
· None Computer Skills
· Basic computer entry for inventory control purposes.
How are we protecting our employees during COVID-19?
- Staggered shifts to limit traffic
- Dedicated in and out flow to site so no overlap of people incoming and outgoing
- Cafeterias/Lunchrooms distanced to 6 ft. separation
- Barriers added where distancing is not possible
- Floor markers set up in areas where congregation can occur such as punch clock, entrance to plant and exit of plant
- All employees are asked to self-isolate and refrain from attending work if they have recently traveled, live with someone who traveled, had close contact with a positive or pending case, have symptoms or live with someone who exhibits symptoms
- Everyone entering the site is screened for fever above 100.4° F
- Signage posted in key areas such as entrances, lunchrooms, health and safety boards regarding signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Cleaning and Sanitation
Normal GMP’s such as mandatory handwashing already provide a high level of protection for workers; however, the following additional measures have been implemented:
- Increased sanitization of all high contact touch points at least 2x per shift
- Increased sanitization of lunchrooms, locker rooms and washrooms 2x per shift
- Hand sanitizer available throughout plant
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gloves are available to all employees however it is not always required; effective handwashing practices are always preferred
- Disposable/surgical type masks are mandatory for everyone in the plant (employees, visitors and contractors
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.