Assistant Supply Chain Manager
Job Location: Taipei
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Assistant Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for Managing Forecast planning & Logistics activities supporting the Ferrero Business Unit in TW.
The role scope includes leading monthly S&OP and closely communication with S&OP stakeholder, refine the forecast for the updated sales momentum, and adjust inventory plans accordingly and analyze the insights of demand trend, together with supply constraints to bridge the gap between sales and operation plans. In this role, you will also includes managing 3PL suppliers of transport and warehousing ensuring inventory accuracy of all finished goods is maintained to support Ferrero Asia business growth with optimal level of stock coverage. You will ensure continuity of product supply, quality, and fair stock coverage to support company’s freshness objectives, inventory policy, Warehouse occupancy, Warehousing and Transport cost. The focus will be to lead, develop and build the team’s knowledge, as well as communicate and develop expectations and relationships with Suppliers and Distributors ensuring that service levels are exceeded. You will have close working relationships with Customer Service, Marketing, Sales as it provides a service to these departments by providing the right stock, right shelf life, right quantity and at the right time. Excellent Service Levels, speed to market and the interaction between product supply (manufacturing plants and 3rd party activity) and local activity (Sales and Marketing) will be the key to the success of this role.
Demand & Supply Planning management
- Ensure the forecast has been fully aligned by commercial and supply team to secure continuous supply and also the achievement of KPIs include optimal level of stock , freshness and service level.
- Monitor and manage monthly meeting with commercial / supply team.
- Lead monthly S&OP meeting
- Support the conduction of executive meeting of forecasting and get endorsement from management on monthly forecast and reflected in the latest supply requirement to plants
- Ensure Logistics processes are executed in line with Group guidelines, including Inventory Counts, FEFO rules, Destructions, Donations, Returns, etc.
- Manage 3PLs in line with Group guidelines, including SOP sharing, performance reviews, KPI regular assessment, improvement requests, Cost control, etc.
- Ensure stock consistency at batch level by proper management of Inbound, Storage, Handling, Picking and Outbound activities.
- Manage deployment of stock from plant to market: 2 to 3-weeks container allocation with coordination with the production plan to maximize transportation efficiency.
- Guarantee proper performance of IT tools, including SW assessments, improvement requests, tickets management, EDI fixing or new tool deployment
- Manage Cargo abnormality found in container with insurance company and Cargo Claim Dept as well as relevant parties
- Manage Yearly stock take and ensure Warehouse inventory accuracy
- Assess network resources needed to support efficiently the Business
- Define Warehousing strategy by leading Warehousing tender to implement a one solution minimizing risks and optimizing Operation capabilities
- Define Imports strategy, objectives of the Shipping line as well as Freight Forwarder to add value to our business and performance of shipping lines importing into our country
- Consolidate team through continuous support and coaching
- Contribute with actions for workload reduction and substitute for value add
- Provide tools and resources needed to help development and performance
Cost Management & Data Analysis
- Manage Logistics costs in line with BGT objectives, including Primary Freight, Secondary Freight, Warehousing, Import costs, Distribution and any other 3PL related costs such as demurrage charges, destruction cost etc.
- Review vendors costs to ensure that vendors are compliant. Assess any deviation vs agreements by providing quarterly summary and comparison report to facilitate decision making.
- Understand and improve overspends vs BGT. Implement root cause analysis and action plans to mitigate risks
- Formulate cost saving initiatives to bring Operational efficiencies: including working closely with the distributors
Quality & Safety
- Ensure partners are operating in line with Group Quality and Safety policies
- Define internal targets for continuous improvements
- Lead WH audits
- Assess periodically and set actions to boost results
Who we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Logistics
- Strong knowledge on Operations: 3PL & distributor management, shipping, transport, warehousing, planning and inventory management
- Experience of leading S&OP and hosting monthly demand review
- Holistic understanding of aspects of KPI Management
- Systems: Advanced Excel (mandatory), SAP ECC (highly required), Power BI, Microsoft Teams
- Strong Project Management skills and data analytics
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant field
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to balance Operational aspects vs Business priorities
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.