Advanced Production Operator
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you have experience in production and you are looking for your next step in an organisation where you will learn new skills and have the opportunity to progress, this is the role for you! We’ll give you all the training and support you need. This is more than just a new job. This is an opportunity to be part of a team, working for a company that really cares, with a great working environment and where you create amazing products that are loved by consumers all over the world. We’re got our eye firmly on the future at the Ferrero Alfreton site and we’re looking for enthusiastic, committed people to join us.
This role requires you to be able to work a variety of shift patterns including 12 hour 3 on 3 off rotating across days and nights as well as standard 8 hour days (6am - 2pm) afternoons (2pm - 10pm) and nights (10pm - 6am) The pattern varies across the year depending on production requirements.
- Following standards in key areas such as health and safety, environment, hygiene, food safety and of course product quality assurance
- Operating equipment to standard settings and monitoring to make sure it’s running correctly and that production targets are achieved
- Dealing with any production issues quickly and escalating more complex or high risk issues
- Performing autonomous and preventative maintenance to keep the equipment running efficiently
- Carrying out first level breakdown activities and liaising with colleagues in the maintenance team for more complicated issues
- As a workplace expert, train and coach team members to upskill and develop line capability with regards to equipment, processes and standard operating procedures
- Engaging in proactive problem solving activities and always be looking for ways to improve the production operationYou'll be mecahnically minded and ideally have experience in production
Who we are looking for:
- Be keen and willing to learn and develop your skills
- The confidence to work independently as well as part of a team - setting a great example to colleagues
- Great communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with key departments and support team members
- A proactive approach taking accountability and responsibility for your actions
- An interest in problem solving activities and in making decisions efficiently and effectively
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.