Warehouse & Forklift Truck Operator (Supply Chain)
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This role focuses on the physical movement of raw materials, products and stock and on making sure that all movements are accurately recorded on the SAP production system. You’ll receive all the training you need to become a confident system user as well as any additional manual handling equipment licences you need so that our supply chain and warehouse operation runs smoothly.
This role requires you to be able to work a 12 hour shift with a 3 on 3 off shift pattern rotating days and nights i.e. 3 days on (6am - 6pm) 3 days off and then 3 nights on (6pm - 6am) 3 days off etc.
- Following and meeting standards in key areas such health & safety, food safety, cost, performance and environmental targets
- Ensuring the correct physical movement of stock – from goods in and ensuring lines are supplied in line with their requirements to processing returns and shipping product out
- Following standard operating procedures, policies and ways of working
- Accurately record stock movement on the SAP system
- Processing requests for raw materials, intermediate products and packaging in line with the production plan or as required
- Engaging in proactive problem-solving activities and looking for ways to improve the supply chain operation
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to meet key production targets
Who we are looking for:
- You will either have experience of driving forklift trucks - counterbalance / reach OR be willing to receive training
- You will be comfortable working with computerised systems within a warehouse environment
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately with data
- An eye for detail with the ability to spot inaccuracies or errors and escalate or challenge appropriately
- A methodical approach to completing tasks with the ability to work within defined processes
- The ability to focus and work independently as well as being part of a team
- A proactive approach taking accountability and responsibility for your actions
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to respond effectively and efficiently to changing production requirements
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.