VIE - Financial Controller
Job Location: Brussels
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As Financial Controller V.I.E., you will join a five people controlling team based in Brussels. You will play a key role by bringing direct support to the Financial Reporting & Controlling Manager with controlling Commercial COGS, Advertising and Promotions (A&P) and Overheads (OVH). Doing so aims at ensuring accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of results, comparative analysis and commentary to our Business Unit leaders and Corporate reporting/Region and Area Europe Finance team. If this challenge sounds already exciting for you, find below further details on your future responsibilities.
Actual and Month end closing
- Monthly closing activities, controlling & reporting for A&P and OVH (Purchase order analysis, supplier analysis, presentation,…)
- Monthly analysis on the brand and SKU’s profitability to understand the main delta vs Forecast scenarios and to support the business in pricing activities to reach Gross Margin targets
- Delta analysis vs Forecast Scenario for OVH / AP / Commercial COGS in close collaboration with all the business functions and the Area controller; construction of monthly Risks & Opportunities Analysis to anticipate the main delta vs Forecast Scenarios and supporting the business in taking corrective actions to reach the targets
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participate actively to the construction of the budget and forecast A&P / OVH in close collaboration with all the functions of the Business Unit organization (local and international)
- Participate actively to the construction of the budget and forecast Commercial COGS to ensure the Gross Margin by Brand
Ferrero Benelux Controlling team works with various database systems such as Excel, SAP, Oracle. As there is no accurate and useful analysis without quality of data, you will be in charge of maintaining data quality level to high standards. Ensuring data are up to date while keeping a critical eye and mindset when processing them.
Who we are looking for:
- 1 Year of Professional experience in controlling is a must (in the FMCG sector is a plus)
- Bachelor or Master degree (Business / Corporate Finance / Economics or Audit)
- Advanced skills in Excel are necessary
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- SAP experience is a strong plus
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
- You are an organized person with sharp analytical skills and problem-solving mindset.
- You like to work in team, you are open minded and curious to learn.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.