US Media Manager - Nutella & Butterfinger+ portfolio brands
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The US Media Manager will be the main point of contact for media activities at the US level, to work in accordance with the guidelines set by the Region and Area Media Managers. This role will interface with local marketing teams in order to strategize, plan, implement and control media campaigns. The US Media Manager will also be responsible for working with external agencies in order to develop the campaigns for the following required media types: TV, Digital, OOH, Press and Radio. This position will report to the North America Media Director and be based in Parsippany, NJ.
- Conduct advertising, market and competitive analysis of media campaigns
- Provide input in the region media strategy, according to the guidelines defined by Area Media
- Ensure the country roll-out of Region and Area Media programs (i.e. integrated comms, test & learn opportunities, etc.)
- Provide Region Media Manager with country strategic insights and highlight new ideas and opportunities
- Ensure the media implementation plan consistency across the Category(ies) of responsibility
- Support Region/Area/Group pitches with media agencies according to the Ferrero Group requirements, governance and timing
- Manage agency planning and ensure that strategic planning proposals are responding to Ferrero brand objectives, KPI’s and the agreed budget
- Ensure efficient cooperation with media agencies in order to guarantee the execution of contract agreements
- Participate in regular meetings with the marketing teams to watch out for potential gaps with the plans and to receive feedback
- Constantly update media plans together with the local marketing team(s) based on the current situation (e.g. brand performance, events, etc.)
- Ensure tracking of actual vs planned through regular reporting and PCAs, prepare media dashboard, suggest corrective actions
- Ensure the availability and follow-up of Region Media controlling procedures (i.e. Media buying, accounting, etc) based on local legal and market requirements
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years of working experience in media on agency or client side, including media planning, implementation, evaluation of effectiveness of media campaigns
- Experience in planning and implementing complex media campaigns across different touch points (OOH, digital, etc)
- Knowledge of structure and organization of media market: agencies, sales houses, channels
- Knowledge of marketing tools
- Strong organization skills
- Analytical skills
- Familiarity with the media environment in North America
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.