Skid Puller - Second Shift
Job Location: North Canton
**GET HIRED ON THE SPOT!
WALK-IN INTERVIEWS EVERY TUES-THURS 10a-3p**
Where: 5353 Lauby Rd. North Canton OH 44720
Please enter through the front doors and check in with the receptionist.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We’re looking for dedicated Skid Pullers to help deliver the quality that is known and loved by every Fannie May customer for over 100 years.
Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour.
Full time hours with overtime available.
- Medical, Dental, Vision avaiable immediately upon hire
- Shift differential for 2nd shift
- 401K with company match
- Employee discount
- Ensure that lines are stocked with the proper amounts and types of materials as needed.
- Ensure that all materials taken to the lines are of the appropriate quality.
- Work closely with production scheduling to ensure that all lines have the proper amount of materials for a given production run prior to production startup.
- Transfer materials to and from the production floor and the appropriate warehouse.
- Utilize appropriate material handling machinery; including, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks
- Ensure accuracy of all documentation (sort tags, back flush tags, etc.) prior to the movement of any materials, WIP, or finished goods to it’s appropriate location.
- Work any assignment as directed by supervisor.
- Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
- Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
- Required to perform all duties in accordance with company SOPPs, SSOPs, GMPs, and guidelines listed in the company handbook.
- Expected to work safely, and efficiently.
- Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
How are we protecting our employees during COVID-19?
- Staggered shifts to limit traffic
- Dedicated in and out flow to site so no overlap of people incoming and outgoing
- Cafeterias/Lunchrooms distanced to 6 ft. separation
- Barriers added where distancing is not possible
- Floor markers set up in areas where congregation can occur such as punch clock, entrance to plant and exit of plant
- All employees are asked to self-isolate and refrain from attending work if they have recently traveled, live with someone who traveled, had close contact with a positive or pending case, have symptoms or live with someone who exhibits symptoms
- Everyone entering the site is screened for fever above 100.4° F
- Signage posted in key areas such as entrances, lunchrooms, health and safety boards regarding signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Cleaning and Sanitation
Normal GMP’s such as mandatory handwashing already provide a high level of protection for workers; however, the following additional measures have been implemented:
- Increased sanitization of all high contact touch points at least 2x per shift
- Increased sanitization of lunchrooms, locker rooms and washrooms 2x per shift
- Hand sanitizer available throughout plant
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gloves are available to all employees however it is not always required; effective handwashing practices are always preferred
- Disposable/surgical type masks are mandatory for everyone in the plant (employees, visitors and contractors
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.