Shift Operative Leader - Supply Chain
Job Location: Pozzuolo Martesana (MI)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The position reports to Warehouse Manager and supports warehouse activities, coordinating the team (forklift drivers, terminal operators and truck drivers) and interfacing with colleagues from other entities and with the copackers.
MANAGEMENT OF THE WAREHOUSE FLOWS
• Ensures the optimization of the warehouse flows (method, labor force, shuttles) providing all necessary information to Warehouse Manager regarding the utilization and management during the shifts
• He/She is responsible within his/her shift for all flows of his/her area of competence (Warehouse KPI, Quality KPI, Safety KPI, flows IN/OUT, Preparation and check goods in inbound and outbound, manage shuttles to send/receive goods with copacker and external warehouse, administrative reports regarding the local supply chain flows)
• Supports the activities of management of the inventory
• He/She is responsible for the preparation and start-up of the shift of his/her area of competence
• Supports the handover between the workers at shift change
• Applies all defined criteria for the resources allocation on the warehouse
• Applies all defined criteria for the resources management on the warehouse (changes, break, substitutions,…)
• Grants vacation to line resources in accordance with the planning agreed with the Warehouse Manager
• Contributes to the resolution of personal conflicts between warehouses resources according to the criteria shared with the Warehouse Manager
• Supports the Warehouse Manager in drafting the “merit plan” of the workers
• Provides feed-back to the Warehouse Manager for the personnel confirmation and contribute to the line resources evaluation
• Is consulted by the Warehouse Manager for the definition of the skills development of the line resources
• Supports in the development of improvement initiatives
• Identifies and propose areas of improvement for the activities falling within his competence
• He/She is consulted by the Warehouse Manager before the realization of the improvement initiatives
PROGRAMMING OF THE WAREHOUSE
• Implements the actions defined for the realization of the outbound and inbound programming
• Collaborates in the scheduling of the flows on the shift.
SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
• Guarantees that all hygiene and safety standards on the lines are respected through information, training on safety issues in the workplace
• Performs with Warehouse Manager the implementation of all actions aimed at guaranteeing the quality of the warehouse processes
• Implements quality guidelines and verifies their application
Who we are looking for:
• Master's Degree in management, electronics or mechanical engineering;
• Fluent English;
• Availability to international mobility and to work on three shifts;
• At least one year of work experience in production area are considered a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.