Senior Legal Counsel
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to serve as a legal counsel, providing expert and timely support to the related companies of Ferrero, as well as act as the data protection officer for the organization in China.
- Act as a knowledgeable, trusted, and valuable legal business partner for related biscuit and candy companies, in strong support to the China business development and growth
- Enable Ferrero China and related companies to achieve solid data protection compliance, which includes leading the data protection and security committee, creating and implementing local data protection rules, managing impact assessment procedures, internal trainings.
- Manage external interactions, monitor, and oversee remediation actions, with timely reporting to China Board and Group DPO on relevant matters
- Work with the team to provide high quality legal services of marketing, media, HR, finance, quality, and institutional affairs advisory
- Enhance legal awareness, manage various projects regarding active compliance, foster the culture of compliance in China
- Collaborate closely with the Central Legal team on cascading and local implementation of Ferrero group policies; provide legal compliance related trainings
- Create, maintain, regularly review, and update applicable contract templates
- Work as an integral member of the legal team, providing contribution to the legal team initiatives and projects, including monthly legal updates, and other initiatives and assignments
- Continuously improve the knowledge of Ferrero and related companies’ business
- Stay updated for legal developments, that may have a potential, direct or indirect impact on the business
- Follow up and continuously advance standards, process, and procedures for legal matters
- Ensure effective people, resources, and time management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors+ degree in Law in PRC
- PRC bar is a must
- Solid professional in-house experience in multinational companies, with legal firm background or training, FMCG industry preferred
- Data privacy and protection knowledge is required, marketing related experience is preferred
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Strong cross-functional communication, project management and coordination skills
- Good adaptability and flexibility for working in a high paced environment
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently, meeting deadlines and balancing multiple tasks
- Strong result orientation and self-motivation, open-mind, and willingness to learn
- High integrity, ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong MS Office skills and will to explore new legal solutions
- Excellent English and Chinese language skills, both written and spoken
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.