Senior Food Technologist
Job Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- This role will be based in our recently acquired production plant in Louisville, Kentucky.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join Ferrero and be extraordinary with us! We are seeking an entrepreneurial and self-motivated Senior Technologist to support our cookies lines which includes Keebler, Famous Amos, and Little Brownie Bakers. The Senior Technologist will partner with the Plant Manager and Production Managers to provide food science, process, and technology support. In this role you will collaborate with Production, Quality and Maintenance teams and serve as the lead for troubleshooting when issues arise. You will also spearhead process innovation to help us achieve our goals including waste reduction, line efficiency and optimization. This role reports to the Plant Manager and is based in our recently acquired production plant in Louisville, Kentucky.
Industrialization & Technological Process Improvement
- Lead and identify new production technology and methods
- Execute, test, and define new technological methods and monitor production parameters
- Team up with technical departments across the company to optimize the features and functionalities of systems/machines used for raw materials, semi-finished products, and packaging
New Plant Start Up
- Consult on technology when carrying out the technical inspection of the new production lines
- Work in partnership and provide support to Maintenance and Engineering for the startup of new lines/machineries
- Provide advice for workability tests on raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods on new machineries in collaboration with Engineering, Suppliers, Production Managers and Maintenance
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Drive loss elimination in production processes such as food loss and waste
- Lead, analyze, optimize, and continuously improve production processes
- Provide innovative and cost-effective improvements
- Develop and maintain best practices for production employees
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Food Science, Food Technology, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong technical and mechanical knowledge of Baking technology
- Proven expertise with maintenance processes and programs related to production/packaging lines
- Sharp knowledge of production processes including phases, cycles, and production
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities, and ability to communicate across all levels
- SAP experience is a plus
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.