Senior CSU Innovation Activities Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to pursue the excellence in innovation development, management and execution and act as insightful business partner, managing the implementation of innovation activities for different categories at Region/Country level with a high level of collaboration with stakeholders of various functions along the innovation process.
- Provide deep and wholistic understanding on new categories to define the opportunities
- Conduct multi-data-source category scanning, category exploration studies, i.e. market structure, U&A, Category Censydiam, etc.
- Perform intelligence studies, i.e. gross-to-net, route-to-market, business model exploration, size of prize estimation, investigate new channel opportunities
- Develop the strategy and innovation project framework, as well as implementation roadmap for categories innovation in China together with the inputs of central and local teams
- Manage, develop and execute the innovation pipeline, especially the research funnel, to ensure the progress of innovation development and secure a successful launch
- Perform flawless coordination and seamless execution of all the projects steps with related functions, on the central and local levels, providing the correct and timely feedback to internal stakeholders
- Supervise full research funnel management process, from insights generation/ideation, product/concept/marketing mix development & validation to STM management and in-market test launch
- Develop marketing mix and refinement with the global teams, together with local teams’ contribution
- Lead the in-market test launch from test design, KPI development/ alignment, activity development & execution, product sourcing, supply chain management, daily operation management and post launch evaluation
- Ensure the proper budget allocation and management, in line with business objectives
- Build up collaboration and maintaining strong working relationship internally and with external vendors
- Provide an effective team management with clear definition and alignment on activities plan
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a major FMCG company (in business insight, innovation, etc), extensive experience in innovation and new product development
- Wide spectrum of research expertise from qualitative/quantitative to data/big data analytics.
- Solid experience in a wide variety of research projects and techniques: category exploration/U&A, business potential sizing, insight generation/ideation, STM, post launch evaluation, others
- Good knowledge base of NPD and marketing mix development, i.e. concept writing, brand name development, packaging & key visuals development, etc. NPD launch or test market operations experience are of an added advantage
- Ability to integrate various info source and compile into business-relevant synthesis, combined with a good sensitivity to macro & micro trends and competitive initiatives
- Good balance of intuitive insights and number sense/big picture
- Developed presentation and strategic influencing skill
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and leadership
- Hands-on experience working with cross functional teams and in a matrix organization
- Orientation for result, resilience, self-motivation and passion for work and taking initiative
- Fluency in English is required, Mandarin is of an added advantage
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.