(Senior) Brand Manager - Kinder Chocolate
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Brand Manager for one of the most beloved brands! The role will manage all the marketing activities based on global and local brand strategy, with the purpose to grow sales and profit, strengthen consumer's engagement and brand equity.
BUDGET AND SALES PLANNING
• Define and recommend to the Company Management team the budget for the sales volumes of the assigned product lines
• Define and recommend to the Company Management team the budget for costs associated with the product lines, i.e. advertising, promotional costs, and costs associated with market research and analysis
• Bear responsibility for the economic results achieved by the product lines, monitoring compliance with the budgeted figures and ongoing economic performance, and taking any necessary corrective action
• Ensure liaison with the Sales Management team so to evaluate plans and obtain feedback
SCENARIO ANALYSES ON COMPETITION/ CONSUMERS / MARKET
• Plan activities in order to monitor and understand category, brand and competitors’ performance (Nielsen, Kantar, Equity studies, etc.)
• Define research objectives in order to understand consumers’ and shoppers’ behaviors, evolving needs and preferences of consumers
• Analyze market dynamics and trends to identify new opportunities
PRODUCT LINE MARKETING STRATEGY
• Develop and recommend brand marketing strategy and initiatives, ensuring flawless implementation in accordance with the final management decisions
• Make recommendations on competitive positions and strategy for the product lines (specifying benefits, target consumer groups, pricing, etc.)
• Manage the brand marketing investments within the agreed budgets
COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA STRATEGY
• Guide the work of the creative agencies to design compelling communication platforms and executions able to drive brand equity and consumers’ preference
• Work closely with the internal digital/social team, media team, and media agency to ensure an effective planning of media activities across touchpoints
• Manage promotional and sponsorship activity
• Ensure the development and production of promotional materials according to marketing strategy and approved procedures
• Work with team members and the sales function on evaluating the success of the specific promotions / sponsorship deals undertaken, and specify the arrangement for any corrective action / future projects that may be required
•Other tasks assigned by line manager or company
Who we are looking for:
- College degree and above
- Solid Brand Management experience in FMCG
- Ability to drive results, collaborate across the organization, build trust and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Budget management proficiency
- Solid presentation and project management skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to develop creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Mandarin Chinese
* Knowledge on SPF will be a plus
* Proficiency on business analytics skill will be a plus
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.