Senior Associate Brand Manager - Butterfinger
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join Ferrero and be extraordinary with us! We are looking for a proactive self-starter to join our team and drive the growth and continued success of Ferrero’s largest mainstream chocolate brand: Butterfinger®.
The Senior Associate Brand Manager, Butterfinger® will be responsible for monitoring, assessing and driving Butterfinger performance in the marketplace to ensure delivery against budget. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and good knowledge of the retail trade structure to enable a more complete understanding of the business. This position will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office and report to the Senior Brand Manager.
- Leverage market and brand analysis to assist in formulating brand strategy within a fast-moving consumer packaged goods category
- Identify and activate key projects to deliver on brand objectives
- Provide routine performance updates and constantly monitor and track brand performance and initiatives, including:
- Ownership of the Monthly Business Review
- Complete ad-hoc business and category analysis
- Build and maintain the consumption forecast
- Understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative research to inform product decision-making
- Support innovation development, including business cases, research and artwork development
- Prepare and create engaging, meaningful and persuasive presentations
- Utilize strong project management skills to navigate from the initial planning stage to execution and final assessment, achieving brand objectives and goals and leading cross-functional team meetings
- Engage and partner with Trade Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain to assist in the planning and execution of new initiatives
- Efficiently manage relationships and executions with external agencies (e.g. PR, social media, graphic design, advertising, etc.), delivering required output while minimizing cost
- Support development of consumer activation plans and manage execution
- Drive key social media initiatives in partnership with agencies (monthly content calendars, community + influencer management, etc.)
- Collaborate with the legal team to safeguard company and use of its assets in interactions with third parties
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or related area of study; MBA is a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in CPG, particularly in brand marketing
- Experience working with consumer data; i.e. IRI, Nielsen
- Excellent analytical skills to drive critical decision-making
- An adaptable, creative thinker and problem solver, able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact and work with various functional departments
- Bias for action, with comfort operating independently in ambiguous environments
- Passion, energy and drive to work with world-class brands
- Self-motivated and exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exposure to P&L management is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.