SEA Assistant Brand Manager - Nutella
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Nutella is one of Ferrero’s most iconic and loved brand within the company and portfolio. It’s one of Ferrero’s fastest selling products in the SEA region facing different developmental stages in the markets.
As an Assistant Brand Manager, you will significantly contribute to growing market share and competitively positioning our brands. You will be in charge of planning, executing, and assessing annual plan for the brand across all markets – Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam with the facilitation of the Cluster Brand Head.
- Ongoing monthly tracking of brand performance across both Nielsen and consumer data (GAT).
- Presenting and sharing brand performance on a regular basis with the Management team, Sales & Commercial team.
- Comprehensive understanding, tracking and sharing of competitor activities across markets.
- Analysing data, identifying gaps and proposing new solutions to drive business and brand growth.
- Effectively managing and executing to budget and on time all brand marketing activities across markets.
- Work closely with the Category team to share and obtain best practices, provide and request information as needed.
- Develop brand targets, strategy and marketing plans for the following fiscal year and present to the Management/Category team during BGT sessions, working closely with local agencies.
- Develop the long range (5 yr) brand objectives and targets and present to the Management/Category team during annual OGSM sessions.
- Lead sales launches and market launch initiatives and development of marketing plans in new markets.
- Develop pricing strategy for new markets and recommend to Management Team, Sales, Finance.
COMMUNICATION, ADVERTISING & MEDIA PLANNING:
- Work closely with the Category team and support on developing TV advertising for the area.
- Develop local and language adaptations to TV advertising, working closely with advertising agency.
- Manage and execute media plans across mkts, working closely with Ferrero media team and media agency.
- Develop brief and media strategy across markets for the following year.
- Develop, manage and execute events and activations for the brand, working closely with event management agency.
- Develop and manage social media calendar and activations, working with social media agency and partners.
PACKAGING AND PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION:
- Manage carefully and to time the multiple RDP/packaging projects for the brand across the year. Keep all stakeholders and Management team regularly updated on the progress of RDP development and flag issues on time.
- Work closely with SS Chain team to track and update stakeholders on the production, stock situation, launch timelines across markets.
OCCASION MANAGEMENT, PROMOTIONAL PLANS & POSM DEVELOPMENT:
- Develop packaging solutions (sleeves, premium SKUs) for local festive occasions, in close consultation with the Category team. Work with Sales, Trade Marketing, POSM production and Finance to develop P&Ls, pricing, volumes and manage launch and execution in market.
- Develop consumer promotions by market, working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Develop POSM designs and innovation (a key driver and USP for this brand) and manage budgets and timelines working very closely with the POSM & Trade Marketing teams.
- Manage brand budgets across markets.
- Provide updates on brand financials as needed (BGT, SAF, A&P tracking) to the Finance team.
- Oversee POs, invoices and ensure accurate and timely payments.
Who we are looking for:
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree with 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong Analytical ability and cognitive thought
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must be agile and capable of adapting / multi-tasking in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
- High sense of responsibility and pro-activity i.e. anticipates problems and proposes solutions
- Regional business unit experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Nielson Answers and SAP PO systems is preferred
- Fluency in English is a must
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
You will develop innovative strategies and insights thanks to an open mind and a thorough understanding of Ferrero products. Defining the brand vision that drives trusted and meaningful brands will also depend on working in a dynamic and flexible environment, intense focus on goals and a proactive approach. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is individual, team and organization based, so you should have the ability to work independently as well as manage your team and stakeholders.