SAP Master Material Specialist
Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The person in this role will be responsible for the SAP transactions related to the production of finished goods produced by Ferrero CMD and 3PL copacker sites. They will create standard costing and production version models for finished goods within SAP. They will create bill of materials for finished goods including linking of labor cycles in SAP. They will ensure accurate and complete enterprise data and data quality within the material master’s key systems, and work closely with our 3PL copackers to identify issues that can delay production start timing.
SAP Material Master (On Going)
• Actively participate in cross functional meetings and activities.
• Inputs material specifications provided by the package development team into the material master.
• Creation of standard costing and production version models within SAP.
• Creation of operative material codes.
• Creation of finished good bill of materials.
• Technical sheet material palletization specifications maintenance.
• Inputs specific copacker MRP data into SAP. Local MRP area. Track the various stages of finished good setup in SAP. Identifies any data misalignments and monitors / troubleshoot material master data issues and discrepancies.
• maintenance for finished goods and children WIP components.
• Finished goods views extensions within SAP.
• Setup of SAP master files.
• Linking of labor cycles to production models.
Co-Pack Operations (On Going)
• Attend weekly cross functional and timeline meetings and communicate any timing red flags to the team.
• Setup and maintenance of finished goods
• Work with Trade and Brand marketing to identify finished goods that will move forward in next the project fiscal year and which would be discontinued.
• Maintain finished good tracker to track different stages of finished good setup, production volumes, and timing of various deliverables critical to the new project.
• Actively participated in PFM cross functional and timeline meetings.
• Quality assurance of Ferrero packaging instructions documentation.
PFM Cross Functional, Graphics, and Timelines
• Works with cross functional teams such as Production Planning, PFM’s, Marketing Operations, DPU, DPM, Brand to support new projects launches.
• Weekly discussions on latest developments to Everyday, Halloween, Holiday, Easter, Valentines, Promotional, and customer specific projects.
• Deliver advice and steps to be reactive to any potential issues.
• Provide the team lead times for final documentation deadlines based on production start schedules.
• Call out potential red flags detrimental to production start and propose possible solutions.
• Review packing and technical sheet changes and actions.
• Collaborate with Graphic Chain to provide operative codes for packaging
• Assists with annual operations budget calculation for finished goods, semi-finished goods and packaging in SAP.
Who we are looking for:
• 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
• The person in this role should be familiar and comfortable working in a production environment.
• Systems: Outlook, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, APO, Wave, CAPE
• Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
• Broad knowledge of business processes.
• Ability to set priorities.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Expert in data analysis including extraction, manipulations, and metrics / reporting.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.