Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
The Deployment Planner’s main objective is to optimize the management of the distribution of finished goods to maximize case fill on customer orders and satisfy co-packing requirements while minimizing transportation and warehousing costs. This position will be located in our Parsippany, N.J. office and report to the Sr. Demand & Supply Planning Manager.
- Maximizing direct ship opportunities from manufacturing locations and co packing locations while maximizing case fill & order fill rate on customer orders.
- Managing finished goods distribution across the network to maximize case fill & order fill rate for customer orders
- Providing Customer Service Team members with direction:
- Communicate Alerts on Short Term and Long-Term product supply issues so Customers can be updated.
- Product availability and customer prioritization when inventories are low on specific items
- During seasonal shipping times when production windows need to support Customer order requirements
- Provide direction on utilizing appropriate rejection reason codes to support accurate data gathering.
- Help to achieve monthly shipping target.
- To help to improve KPI of Freshness based on correct replenishment of the network looking at sales trend and using information from Demand & Supply Planner & Sales Department.
- Support Supply Chain initiatives & drive process improvement
- Minimize product destructions and leftover in the network
- Manage bulk transfers to co-packing locations
- Providing Direction to Warehouse/ Transportation:
- Where to ship product
- Indication on the inbound /Outbound to WHS
- Product availability
Who we are looking for:
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in business or related field of study with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain department: Industrial Engineering/Supply Chain Degree Preferred
- Excellent communication skills to concisely and effectively provide explanations and direct to Supply Chain team members
- Result driven, self-motivated and independent.
- Able to work in a team environment & manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate response expectations.
- Replenishment, Demand or Supply Planning experience preferred.
- Experience in food/drug consumer products industry (preferred)
- Working knowledge of SAP, forecasting, and scheduling (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and with others in a customer focused environment
- Understands consumer product manufacturing, inventory control, and distribution functions
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.