Regional Health and Safety Manager - Gulf, Africa&Levant
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Regional Health & Safety manager is responsible to provide oversight, support and advice to all activities in the Gulf & Arab Countries, Africa & Levante in relation to Health and Safety matters. The Regional H&S manager is the primary contact for Group H&S in the region and responsible for driving the regional customization and implementation of group H&S policies, procedures and initiatives, verify their implementation and cascade all H&S related information in the region.
- Ensure health and safety risks are identified, evaluated and mitigated
- Define H&S objectives at the regional level in accordance with Group guidelines and key stakeholders
- Assist or lead incident investigations to determine true root causes and define appropriate action plans
- Maintain and regularly update overview of Health and Safety regulations applicable in the region
- Work with all stakeholders to maintain full compliance with regulatory and group requirements, including preparation and filing of required documentation
- Monitor and verify adherence to work safety standards and procedures as well as implementation of all corrective actions identified during audits, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Support local Health and Safety to conduct, train and review risk assessments on a regular basis
- Jointly with functions, determine mitigation activities for gaps identified, in order to prevent injuries or adverse health impacts to employees
- Development and deployment of regional H&S policies, procedures, programs and initiatives in line with group policies and procedures
- Jointly with local H&S and leveraging on information provided by the group, train and coach employees and managers in H&S topics with the aim to build a reliable safety culture
- Provides H&S input to major change projects in the region such as design, purchasing, installation of machines and equipment or changes to site layout, new construction, facility design, etc.
- Maintains relations with concerned public authorities and collaborates with externals during inspections and visits
- Ensures all H&S related licenses, notification, reporting requirements are met and related documents are maintained
- Ensure implementation of group Wellbeing initiatives in the region
Who we are looking for:
- 8 to 12 years of relevant health and safety experience in corporate offices, plants & warehouses, commercial, R&D and/or Retail.
- Experience in the Food / Consumer Goods industry is a plus.
- A relevant degree such as environmental health or occupational safety and health.
- Diploma/certifications in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office & working knowledge of safety management information system
- good interpersonal/presentation skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of an organisation.
- English language is a must, French language is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.